06 September 2009

John Peel - Autumn 1991 - side A

Now, here's a thing. It's not my fault but I am guilty of it myself.

This is a tape of a few John Peel shows from the early 90s but the person who recorded it has edited out the bits of Peel and just kept the music. It seems stupid now and as I said, I used to do it myself with Kiss FM, Jeff Young, Mike Allen, Red Alert, Sandy Martin and lots of other things that would have made an incredible historical record if I had left them with links, chat and ads intact. At the time, of course, we thought that Peel and the rest would go on forever and that the ads were just a pain. We didn't see a day that that dive cafe on the Gloucester Road or the damp club in the side streets would become a Costa Coffee and we'd miss them and yearn to hear some cheap radio spot advertising their services. And we didn't realise that Peel would one day die and leave us without his deep, reassuring voice.

Anyway. Enough. The music is still an interesting snapshot and there is, at least, a tracklist for me to copy down here.

Sun 27/10/91
The stairs - Weedbus
Wicker Spogt - Baby come home
Slam - A turner
Crust - Mosquito Beach

Sat 02/11/91
Howling Wolf - ? (This forms the skanking backround to a great UK hip hop tune. Would be good to know the title of this)
New Fast Automatic Daffodils - All over my face
Gallon drunk - Rollin home
Foreheads in a fishtank - Sylvester's mother
Nirvana - Even in his youth
Foreheads in a fishtank - Happy shopper
Milk - is that it?
Philistines Junior - Moon tune

http://www.divshare.com/download/8364796-c1e

No comments: